Housing Disrepair Claims

Many people aren't aware that landlords have a legal obligation to ensure the homes they rent or lease are in a fit state of repair. If you've suffered from facilities in a house that don't work or had an injury related to bad repairs in your home, you could have a claim.

Examples of housing disrepair:

  • Faulty gas or electrical supply
  • Heating / boiler problems
  • Damp
  • Rotting or poorly fitted windows
  • Raining in / leaking gutters / flooding


What Are You Entitled To?

Obviously the amount of compensation is in relation to the details of the claim, but below are a few of our recent cases, which give an idea of the compensation you could receive:

Mrs “G” lived in a house with rising dampness for 18 years. The council ignored her requests for repairs to be carried out and the dampness became so bad that the ground floor rotted away and had to be replaced. The court awarded Mrs “G” £11,500.

Mr “M” lives in a one bed roomed council flat which has had no heating or hot water for nine years, despite Mr “M's” repeated requests to repair the boiler, which the council said was too dangerous to use. This claim is worth £12,000.

Accident At Work
Road Traffic Accident
Tripping & Slipping Claim
Housing Disrepair Claim
Industrial Disease
Contact Us
"Graham M Riley & Co Solicitors Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and members of the Law Society of England & Wales and employ members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), so you can be sure that you will receive the highest standards of service at all times."